Eat, Watch, Run

has been moved to new address

http://eatwatchrun.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Non-Racing Blues

It's December and I'm thinking about how I don't have another race until February. That's a long time. After March, I'll be lucky if I get in one race until October. That's 6 months without racing. December to February is only two months, so how will I handle SIX of them?

Will I go into a race coma and become socially inept?

Will I run half marathons on a treadmill and pretend the people at the gym are in a race with me?

Will I frequent Hot Topic and start trying on hamburger earmuffs?



These are all thing I need to know.

By the way, I'd like to address my whinyness on my "barely" PR for the OUC Half Marathon. I think my friend Kristianna summed it up best:

"Congrats on the PR - and it is worthy of a congrats. Imagine if a
bear were chasing you and caught you because you couldn't run that
little bit faster. See? Admirable (and life-affirming)."


Thanks for putting that in perspective, K. Although, she also said:


"Always swim with someone who's willing to punch a shark for you."

1 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i don't wanna live where kristianna does! bears and sharks live there?! psh!
i do need those earmuffs tho. *goes to hot topic*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home