Eat, Watch, Run

has been moved to new address

http://eatwatchrun.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hot TT Machine (sounds cooler this way)

After my workout last night, I decided I wanted to go to the mall to get some Christmas shopping done and then wrap all my presents. Instead, I watched Hot Tub Time Machine, a timeless holiday classic.




Normally I wouldn't watch a movie with that title. I have some standards. Not many. But it got decent reviews, so I was curious. I won't get too detailed here, but will say that it was ok for a rental. Or to watch with friends you don't like very well or that have been drinking heavily.

It started out really funny and then took a nosedive toward the end. I liked the fact that this was the first movie I've seen with John Cusack in awhile where he didn't wear more eyeliner than I do.


Ok, maybe I did that.


I did not like the fact that you see Rob Corddry naked in the movie...a lot. I didn't know his name until today, when I looked him up. But, I saw his bare butt so much last night, I felt dirty not knowing his name afterwards.

 
My rating:  6 out of 10 stars


So, I'm looking for some new music. What's your favorite song to work out to? I love songs where you feel like your feet are hitting the pavement with every beat.

Right now I'm loving:

--Blast off from Bassnectar
--Blow by Ke$ha
--Hot Ride by Prodigy  (This one features Juliette Lewis. Any woman who    doesn't fear wearing a one-zippered unitard is alright by me.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM , Blogger K said...

Ok, I know this will totally expose me as behind the times but... my favorite song from my workout mix is Alien Ant Farm's rendition of Smooth Criminal. Somehow it makes me believe I'll survive the workout - must be all that "you're ok"ing.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Shawn said...

I read your feature on Skinny Runner and decided to hop over to you area of cyberspace! I read a few of your posts and you are a HOOT!
I had no idea Chocolate Covered Peeps existed!!! Oh my goodness, what a treat and they were Christmas Trees!!!
I had a pet bunny in the past but he had two ears. What happened to your bunny and do you keep (forgot is it a boy or girl) in the house?
Shawn

 
At December 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

Hi - I just found you from skinny runner! I love your blog - I have been dying to try chocolate covered peeps for awhile. Some of my favorite running songs are Low by Flo Rider, Toxic by Britney Spears (the Glee version though) and Living on a Prayer. Not exactly new stuff but that's how I roll. Congrats on being on SR!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Katy said...

Just wandered over from SR. I think your blog is really funny!

My favorite song to workout to is "Untouched" by The Veronicas. I love the beat, and since my fiance and I are serving on two seperate deployments right now, it hits pretty close to home, lol. Nice to meet you in blog-world!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

What is up with the naked Rob Coddry in that movie? I agree that it started out strong...but ended kinda weak.

I need some new music...just added more Ke$sha. Maybe I should add some Phil Collins too? Ha ha. *Imagining mid-run air drums*

 
At December 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous Mn Twins Tickets said...

Well written article, well researched and useful for me in the future.I am so happy you took the time and effort to make this. See you around

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home